Terms & Conditions
Section 1: Agreement Terms
By engaging the services of Melbourne Modern Entertainment for any event you (The Purchaser) expressly acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the below Terms and Conditions (T&Cs).
The Purchaser expressly acknowledge that Melbourne Modern Entertainment will only participate and provide any ancillary services at any event on the condition that The Purchaser have agreed to the following Terms &Conditions. These Terms & Conditions shall apply to any and /or all services by Melbourne Modern Entertainment at any and /or all events organised for The Purchaser.
The Purchaser agrees that the Terms & Conditions prevail over any and /or all other representation to the contrary, verbal or otherwise.
Section 2: Covid-19 terms
1. No rescheduling fees required in the event of Covid-19 government lockdown;
2. Rescheduling your event more than once doesn't affect your deposit;
3. In case The Purchaser needs to reschedule and the date that required is not available, Melbourne Modern Entertainment will issue a refund of The Purchaser’s deposit.
Section 3: Payment terms & Deposit
1. All confirmed bookings will require payment of a minimum 30% non-refundable deposit, payable within 7 days from the date of invoice from Melbourne Modern Entertainment. The deposit acts as a security fee for the event and is not refundable nor transferrable under any and/or all circumstances not mentioned in the immediately preceding section.
2. Melbourne Modern Entertainment requires the full payment of the event invoice to Melbourne Modern Entertainment's bank account, by way of electronic bank transfer, no later than 48 hours prior to the commencement of the event. Melbourne Modern Entertainment reserves the right to cancel the event until valid proof of payment of the event invoice is provided to Melbourne Modern Entertainment by The Purchaser.
Section 4: Cancellations & limitation of liability
1. Cancelations – Cancellations must be made in writing and sent through e-mail or personal service, with no later than thirty (30) days’ notice. No other form of cancellation will be accepted. Breach of this terms shall result in the forfeiture of the deposit amount and a further fee of 100% of the event invoice shall be payable to Melbourne Modern Entertainment as cancellation fee. Unless otherwise agreed upon, all deposits are non-refundable.
2. Rescheduling – Rescheduling reasons of inclement weather or death or illness of the Purchaser shall be accommodated wherever possible, however Melbourne Modern Entertainment reserves the right to accommodate rescheduling. Rescheduled events are subject to availability and will result in the loss of the deposit.
3. If for any reason the dj or the team member of Melbourne Modern Entertainment is not able to perform at the event due to illness, injury, accident, personal or otherwise unforeseen circumstances, all reasonable efforts will be made by Melbourne Modern Entertainment to source a replacement dj or team member of a similar cost to the Purchaser.
4. If the replacement options offered by Melbourne Modern Entertainment are not approved by the Purchaser, a full refund for the payment of the event invoice (including the deposit) will be provided to the purchaser.
Section 5: Set up
1. The standard bump-in time for Melbourne Modern Entertainment’s dj or member at any event is 90 minutes prior to the event start time. Unload, set-up equipment and complete sound and quality checks. Additional time maybe required depending on the package.
2. Melbourne Modern Entertainment requires of a minimum 2 power points within 5 meters distance of the place Melbourne Modern Entertainment dj or member will set up.
Section 6: Overtime
1. Overtime will be charged at a cost of 1.5X the booked Melbourne Modern Entertainment dj's or member's hourly rates. Payment for overtime will be invoiced to the Purchaser after the event and is due not less than seven (7) days after the overtime invoice is received by the Purchaser.
Section: 7 Conduct
1. Melbourne Modern Entertainment does not accept any aggressive, violent or abusive behaviour from any person at a venue where Melbourne Modern Entertainment performs an event. If at any time any dj or team member feels that their personal safety or Melbourne Modern Entertainment's equipment is under threat, then Melbourne Modern Entertainment reserves the right to terminate the event at any time. In these circumstances no refund for the event will be provided and the deposit will be forfeited in full.
2. Any damage to equipment during the event in the course of the performance of duty from Melbourne Modern Entertainment, caused by The Purchaser or any of its agents or guests, shall be financed by The Purchaser in full and is immediately payable and executory.
3.Melbourne Modern Entertainment is not responsible for any power outage may occurred during the event.
4. By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions, the Purchaser warrants to Melbourne Modern Entertainment that it is responsible to Melbourne Modern Entertainment and any Melbourne Modern Entertainment dj or team member/s.
Section: 8 Privacy
The Purchaser hereby authorises Melbourne Modern Entertainment to collect, retain, use and disclose consumer and /or commercial information about the Purchaser in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (and its subsequent amendments) to persons or legal entitles who are a solicitor or any other professional consultant engaged by Melbourne Modern Entertainment, debt collectors, credit reporting agencies or any other individuals or organisations which maintains credit references or default listings.
Laws of Victoria
1. The Terms & Conditions are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia. The Purchaser irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the State of Victoria, Australia. If any provision of the Terms & Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, such invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the remainder of this agreement, which will continue in full force and effect.
2. If any part of these terms are found to be void, invalid, unlawful or unenforceable then that provision or part will be deemed to be severed from these terms and the remaining terms and provisions of these terms will remain in force and constitute a binding agreement between the Purchaser and Melbourne Modern Entertainment.